Anyway, I did put together this little number.
It didn't take as much time as I thought it would. I cut out 13 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 pieces of muslin and 13 pieces of equal size of my fabulous fabrics (this is a great way to show off your fabric collection). I used heat and bond to secure the letters to the fabrics. I used biased tape that I made with this little number (I have the 1 inch size) to secure the letters together. I've made bias tape before, but this made the whole process so much faster and therefore, worth it to make your own.
I'm hoping it will be something special for the girls to hang when it's their birthday. Something they will remember and look forward to (and a way for me to remember my favorite fabrics ;).
I really want to make name banners for my three girls. What a great, inexpensive way to decorate a child's room.
Let me know if you are interested in one or want more instructions on how I made it. There's a "email me" button on my blog.
P.S. RIP MJ....
Edited to add: When my almost 3 year old came out of her room from her "nap" she saw the banner and said, "That says, 'I love Jill'". Yes, sweetheart, yes, it does :) :) :)