Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Project #5 Dabbling in Japanese Fabrics

I have wanted to buy and use Japanese fabrics for a long time now. I just didn't want to fork out the extra cost to do it when there are so many other cute/trendy/fabulous fabrics by well-known designers that you can get on etsy or at fabric.com for $6-7 per yard (after shipping and coupons). Anyway, long story short, I purchased 2 lovely Japanese fabrics. Here is one of them. I can't exactly call making this little pouch a project since it only took me 20 minutes to complete, but using the fabric is/was on my sewing to-do list.






Aren't the little hedgehogs adorable. My daughter saw this when she got up in the morning and immediately started putting things in it and thanking me for making it for her...uh, you're welcome sweetie.

Sorry about the quality of picture. It is over a 100 blasted degrees in all the gulf coast humidity outside (where I normally take pictures) and I'm not going out there today!

BTW, here's the tutorial for the little boxy pouch. I want to make another one but make it a little more square, put a handle on it, line and interface it, too.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you made this in twenty minutes - it's beautiful. Your daughter is very, very lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete