Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bridal Shower Gift

I have had this fabric for almost a year. My mom gave me quite a few half yard cuts for my birthday last year. It's from the Robert Kaufman Metro Market collection. My mother-in-law and I were invited to a bridal shower, so I put together this gift for the bride-to-be.

Included is:
1 hostess apron
2 potholders
2 kitchen towels

Let's begin with the hostess apron. My friend Jodi, has a fabulous blog with a lot of great tutorials. I used her hostess apron tutorial to make this beauty. It's reversible.

Absolutely adorable! I need to make one for myself.

The kitchen towels were inspired by this extremely creative Etsian. I certainly didn't use as much detail as Melissa does, but was inspired by her creativity to make beautiful creations for your kitchen.
Lastly, the potholders. I made up this little pattern last summer. Basically just cutting 9 1/2 inch x 9 1/2 inch squares of fabric. Sandwiching with Insul-Bright and flannel, then sewing together and adding on a handle. Easy.

Dang, I need to make one of these sets for my new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment