Thursday, May 14, 2009

Something to Wear!!


You know those people who always say they have nothing to wear to a certain function/event??? Well, I really have nothing to wear to my husband's law school graduation.


Here's the problem...


  • I still don't quite fit into all my pre-twins clothes (I can get stuff on, it's still just a little snug).

  • Literally zero $$ (especially since I found out I have to take another certification test this summer...bleh).

  • I'm nursing so I can't wear a dress (I have one...I just don't think it would be appropriate to lift up the entire dress to feed one of the twins at a graduation ceremony).

So....... my sweet friend Jodell came to the rescue and helped me make this beauty with some fabric from my stash. We didn't even use a pattern!! The skirt is fully lined with some sweet white muslin that I purchased at fabric.com and it also has a side zipper. This is about a size 8.


I think I look terrible in the picture and it looks so much cuter in person...but we were in a hurry to take it the pic. You can buy similar shirts in Jodell's etsy shop.


I love sewing days with my bff :)


Special thanks to my sweet 7 month old Genevieve for taking a 3 hour nap while we worked on my outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment