Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Girl Gift

I know, I know, you're right, I did drop off the face of the earth, but I'm back, baby! and I have a lot to post. It's been 9 months since my last post, but a lot has happened. My Etsy shop had a very busy spring...an even busier summer, then I gave birth to my 4th child (shortly after my oldest turned 4), and now I'm getting into a groove (at least that's what I'm telling myself).
I've spent a lot of time during the middle of the night nursing sessions browsing really fabulous sewing blogs and I have been inspired. Again. And Again...

I have sewn a lot in the past 7 months and I plan to post all or at least most of it. I'm going to start with a gift that I made for my daughter's Pre-k gift exhange. The requirement was to not spend more than $10 and it had to be for a girl. So of course I had to go really, girly, girly. Do you think I succeeded?



I made a black apple doll. I did enlarge the pattern just a bit. It's not as big as I originally wanted it to be, but I didn't have much time. The pretty little hair bows I made from polyester satiny fabrics and from a pattern at Just Another Hang Up. She is fabulous and only asks that you don't sell anything you make with the pattern. I also made a gorgeous brooch for my new grey (grey is my new favorite colour) jacket. Will post about that later.

And of course I had to wrap the gift up...and send it off to school with my little girl for her Christmas party. Fun.

Stay tuned for more blogging on other projects I've been working on including crib bedding, outfits for the girls, baby boy gifts, and more! I may even have a tutorial somewhere a long the way as well :) and a couple giveaways!

J.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back at it again. I missed seeing all your wonderful products you make. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete